Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Daily Reflections on Art "Birds of Relocation"

                  I am a bird of relocation. I was once dead in my sin and buried in my depravity. But the sentence doesn't end there. By grace and out of love for me, Christ came and gave himself for me so that I could live a life of love in relationship with him. What grace, what love. Life hasn't always been easy, but I've found that Christ time and time again has used art to speak to me whether through His word, music, films, or other books.
                   Eric Peters is a singer/songwriter out of Nashville. His music speaks of not only joy, but also of the darkest moments of life. His music brings empathy and hope. His latest record "Birds of Relocation" seeks to bring hope to any listener who is weary and worn out. In his song "Lost and Found" he writes a simple lyric that can bring encouragement to anyone. He writes, "Today is yesterday made new." That's a simple, yet powerful lyric. Think about it. Whatever happened yesterday is over today. The sun sets and the night kills the previous day only to have a beautiful rebirth with the sunrise. A sunrise is grace. A new day that we don't deserve, but Christ gives to us out of love. A new day to love, forgive, and make new. The songs on this record pierce the heart and make you ponder what you are doing with your daily life. It has for me anyway. In "Voices" he writes, "Every hope that every lived there but has since flown, I'm finding again. Im finding again." Thats a great statement of hope for anyone who is struggling or is in a dry place in their life. Hope is alive and if you feel you have lost it, it is there and it can be found again! I encourage you to listen to "Birds" because in a way every Christian is a bird of relocation. We have been relocated, by the grace of Christ alone, from death to life. He alone has rescued us. He alone has relocated us.  Soli Deo gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment